Global Environmental Governance (GEG)
Would you like to complement your MSc studies with a diploma in Global Environmental Governance (GEG) without spending extra time or efforts in graduating?
Then we encourage you to:
- Enrol at the thematic Global Environmental Governance course (7.5 ECTS)
- Apply for approval of a collected 30 ECTS worth of MSc level relevant elective courses. The 30 ECTS are including the thematic GEG course.
- Apply for the GEG Diploma
GEG is not a Master Programme on its own.
It is a thematic course and a thematic program (a framework of sorts) that shows you had a certain direction or theme in your studies which made you suitable to apply for the GEG Diploma. You can take the GEG course in combination with other master studies, or you can take the course as a guest student.
The thematic GEG course is open to all graduate students, and is compulsory for students aiming to obtain a GEG diploma.
How to apply for admission for the GEG course:
- I am enrolled at the Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
For the GEG Course the normal procedures apply for taking courses through the KU course portal.
- I am not enrolled at the Faculty of Science, but at another Faculty or University
For any questions regarding enrollment, please enquire at the Student Services at the Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen. You should also contact the student advisory service at your own university/faculty.
For the GEG Course the normal procedures apply for taking courses at other faculties or universities.
- I am not enrolled at any university
For the GEG Course, the normal procedures apply for taking single courses at the university. Please, enquire at the Student Services at the Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen.
- You must have passed a collected 30 ECTS worth of GEG relevant and approved courses.
- One of the courses included in the 30 ECTS must be the thematic GEG course that is only available at University of Copenhagen.
- You must be able to document that you have 30 ECTS worth of relevant courses including the thematic GEG course, and that you have passed them.
Can you apply for a GEG Diploma with courses from other universities?
Yes, if you have relevant courses from other universities, you can still apply for the diploma as long as you have passed the GEG course.
When you have passed the required courses, you must fill in the application form and submit it together with the required documentation stated.
Students seeking a GEG diploma must have passed 30 ECTS worth of GEG relevant courses including the thematic GEG course (7.5 ECTS).
The GEG qualifications
- Relevant international organisations and regimes, how they work, and what are some of their limitations in relation to the task of governing society-nature relationship.
- Political and institutional issues in the relationship between global, national, and local levels of environmental governance.
- Some of the different debates on global environmental problems and solutions. The main focus is on the green environment.
- The ability to understand and link knowledge and insights from their own professional background with corresponding knowledge and insights from other professions, such as political science, law, life science, and/or natural sciences.
- The ability to understand different views on social and physical aspects of global environmental problems and their eventual solutions.
- The ability to work in teams when addressing global environmental problems.
- You can link relevant theories with global environmental issues and problems, consequences and solutions.
- You can bring knowledge about environmental problems into play in an international political, legal and administrative context.