Tenure track adjunkt
Sektion for Produktion, Markeder og Politik
Rolighedsvej 23, 1958 Frederiksberg C
I am an Assistant Professor at the Department of Food and Resource Economics, University of Copenhagen. Previously I was postdoctoral researcher at University of Copenhagen and held visiting fellowships at UC Berkeley and Harvard. I hold a Ph.D. in Economics from University of Copenhagen.
2018--Present Founding Member, NIERA - Network of Impact Evaluation Researchers in Africa
2018--Present Research Fellow, CeBIL - Center for Advanced Studies in Biomedical Innovation Law, University of Copenhagen
2017--present Fellow, BITSS - Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences, University of California, Berkeley
- 2016--present Fellow, East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST), Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA), University of California, Berkeley
- 2014--present Research fellow, University of Copenhagen Research Center for Control of Antibiotic Resistance (UC-CARE)
I combine economic theory, empirical evidence, and randomized experiments to provide policy insights on world’s most pressing issues in agriculture, climate change, health, development, environment, and other related topics.
Primary Fields of interest: Applied Microeconomics (Agriculture, Environment, Natural Resources, and Health), Development Economics.
Secondary Fields of interest: Economics of Innovation, and Intellectual Property Rights
My current research focuses on:
- Asymmetric information in economic decision-making
- Technological innovation in agriculture
- Climate change adaption and mitigation
- Agricultural and environmental externalities
- Impact evaluation of incentives, interventions, regulations and policies
- Economics of antimicrobial resistance
- Intellectual property rights
Belay, Dagim & Jensen, Jørgen Dejgård. 2020. ‘The scarlet letters’: Information disclosure and self-regulation: Evidence from antibiotic use in Denmark. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 140:102385.
Belay, Dagim, Abate, T. G. & Jensen, Jørgen Dejgård. 2020. A Montero auction mechanism to regulate antimicrobial consumption in agriculture. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 102(5):1448-1467.
Belay, Dagim & Tiruneh, H. A. 2020. Nudging farmers in crop choice using price information: Evidence from Ethiopian Commodity Exchange. Agricultural Economics 51(5): 793– 807.
Undervisnings- og vejledningsområder
Agricultural and Food Policy, Development Economics, Microeconomic and Econometric Production Analysis, Economics of Intellectual Property Rights