Nordic Environmental Law, Governance and Science Network
NELN+ is a forum for exchange of experience among researchers in environmental law and governance
The Nordic Environmental Law, Governance and Science Network (NELN+) was established in 2008 as a follow-up to the Nordic Environmental Law Network (NELN). NELN+ was funded by the Nordic Research Academy (NordForsk) from 2008-2011.
There is no longer funding for regular network activities, but the network continues as a forum for exchange of experience as well as for announcement of conferences, seminars etc. Please send information about conferences, seminars or other activities to the network coordinator, Helle Tegner Anker.
- Climate change regulation (Finland)
- Understanding responsibilities and knowledge in environmental risk regulation (Sweden)
- Water in Urban Areas and Planning Law (Denmark)
- Evidence based management of ecosystems (Norway)
- Law for Social-Ecological Resilience (Sweden)
- Multilevel governance and the Baltic Sea (Sweden)
- Globalisation and Europeanization of Environmental Law & Policy (Denmark)
- An ecosystem services approach in environmental regulation (Finland)
- Breaking down the barriers - Cross-sectoral research and education in the field of environment and natural resources (Iceland)
- Coherence and consistency in environmental governance (Norway)
The Nordic Environmental Law, Governance & Science Network aims at promoting high level research training and research co-operation focusing on how to regulate environmental problems, including climate change issues. Gaining a better understanding across law, political science and natural science is an important element in the search for adequate regulatory responses to environmental problems.
The network activities have consisted of three annual workshops on specific issues under the three thematic areas:
1) A Common Understanding basic problems, opportunities and constraints,
2) Multilevel Governance, and
3) Risks, uncertainty and reflexivity in environmental regulation.
The Nordic Environmental Law, Governance & Science Network (NELN+) is based upon the experience from the Nordic Environmental Law Network (NELN).
The Nordic Environmental Law Journal publishes articles of importance for environmental law research and development in the Nordic countries. The articles focus on environmental law from a national, EU and international perspective. Articles can be submitted to Gabriel Michanek, firstname.lastname@example.org in English or in the Nordic languages.
Danish Development Research Network
Environmental Law Network International
European Environmental Law Forum
European Environmental Law Network
IUCN Academy of Environmental Law
Nordic Environmental Law Journal
Environment, Natural Resources & Climate Change: Masters Degree Programme in Environmental Policy and Law (University of Eastern Finland)
Navn og kontakt til ansvarlig med link til forskerprofil på denne side.